Holiday Inn Amsterdam
De Boelelaan 2, 1083 HJ Amsterdam, Netherlands.
- Amsterdam is one of the most culturally diverse cities in the entire world.
- In fact, 86% of permanent residents are fluent in two or more languages.
- And that cultural diversity equals an amazing food scene.
- When it comes to Amsterdam, often referred to as ‘The Venice of the North’ there is no shortage of things to see and do.
- The Dutch are known for their friendly and welcoming nature. Whilst this probably shouldn’t be the sole reason to visit a country, it’s definitely a plus!
- Amsterdam is well known for a few things. Firstly, it’s known as the cycling capital of Europe. Locals cycle everywhere – to work, on dates, to the shops and even home from nights out. Bikes have right of way in this amazing city, so keep an eye out for them and try not to get in the way. It’s easy to see the city by bike and there are loads of places where you can rent bicycles.
- Everyone knows about Amsterdam’s coffee houses, where they sell a lot more than just hot drinks. There are a few really famous ones, but there is a great selection of coffee houses to visit and tourists flock from all over the world to smoke marijuana and relax with friends.
- Considering its diminutive size, the Netherlands has produced a surprising number of groundbreaking artists, including Johannes Vermeer, Rembrandt van Rijn, and Vincent van Gogh. While many museums in Amsterdam display artwork created by these legendary figures, the Rijksmuseum’s collection is unrivalled and famously features Rembrandt’s masterpiece The Night Watch.