London, metropolis, capital of the United Kingdom. It is the various oldest of the arena’s terrific towns—its records spanning almost millennia—and one of the maximum cosmopolitan. By some distance Britain’s biggest metropolis, it is also the country’s economic, transportation, and cultural center. London is located in south-eastern England, mendacity astride the River Thames some 50 miles (80 km) upstream from its estuary at the North Sea. In satellite TV for pc images, the city can be visible to take a seat compactly in a Green Belt of open land, with its primary ring dual carriageway (the M25 motorway) threaded round it at a radius of about 20 miles (30 km) from the city center. The growth of the constructed-up region was halted by strict metropolis planning controls inside the mid-Nineteen Fifties.
Some key facts about London!
1. Over 300 languages are spoken in London
2. London was not always called London. Before settling in on the name ‘London’, it had a series of names – Londonium, Ludenwic, and Ludenburg!
3. London has the smallest statue
4. The Romans were the first to make London their home.
5. Queen Elizabeth 2 may be the head of State, but she needs permission from the Lord Mayor to enter the city of London.
London top University
Nottingham Trent University
University of York